The series tells the real-life stories of men and women who have been betrayed by someone they trusted through the victims' testimony, re-enactments, and interviews with close family members and friends.
The series will explore the following real-life tales of fraud and treachery:
"Doctor of Deceit" — a woman is deceived by a charming man posing as a doctor from Chicago.
• "False Profit" — a pastor with an appealing real estate investment opportunity cons hundreds of churches out of money, revealing him as a man of greed, rather than a man of God.
• "Till Death Do Us Part" — a woman learns of her husband's sinister plans to solve their marital troubles.
• "Badge of Dishonor" — a man posing as a police officer brings corruption and villainy to an unsuspecting town.
• "Sweetheart Swindler" — a smooth-talking lothario convinces a woman to sell her home and share all of her assets which soon begin to disappear.
• "Double Played" — an athlete with star potential is conned by local sports agents with whom he placed his trust and money.
• "Thou Shall Not Steal" — a woman steals thousands of dollars from her local church and vanishes, leaving behind a family in search of answers.
"Deceived" is produced for TV One by Juma Entertainment. Executive producers from Juma Entertainment are Robert Horowitz and Lewis Fenton. Co-executive producer is Donna Wilson and executive in charge of production for Juma Entertainment is Melissa Calheno. TV One executive in charge of production is Craig Henry.